Countless people throughout the country are faced with substance use disorders that have impacted their lives in one way or another. For some, their entire lives have been destroyed and they are left with little to nothing of value. For others, a substance use disorder has either produced a mild to moderate amount of effects or has not yet produced damaging effects.
Because all individuals with a substance use disorder experience this disease differently, there are different forms of addiction treatment to meet the unique needs of all who seek help.
While the type of treatment that an individual will receive will be determined by his or her specific needs, it is safe to say that those with the most complex substance use disorders are more likely to find themselves in residential treatment programs, while those who have mild substance use disorders will probably participate in outpatient programming. There are several different types of treatment options that fall in between residential treatment and outpatient treatment, with an intensive outpatient program in Athens, TN being one of them.
What is An Intensive Outpatient Program in Athens, TN?
An intensive outpatient program is a form of addiction treatment that offers countless services to clients, however, allows them to continue to reside at home rather than at the facility. What differentiates an intensive outpatient program and traditional outpatient treatment are the amount of time spent in the program on a daily basis and the level of therapeutic involvement. Those who are enrolled in our Athens intensive outpatient program will spend a handful of hours at the facility on a daily basis and will remain involved in care for a minimum of 90 days.
While in an intensive outpatient program in Athens, Tennessee, clients will focus on ending the cycle of substance abuse, determining what their triggers are, remaining motivated to stay in recovery, and recognizing the impact that their addiction has had on their relationships, to name a few. In order to do this, clients will participate in a number of different therapeutic approaches designed to help treat their specific needs best.
Who Should Participate in An Athens Intensive Outpatient Program
An intensive outpatient program in Athens, TN is not a perfect fit for everybody, as it is designed to address the needs of a specific population of individuals in recovery. This particular form of programming is not recommended for those who have struggled with a substance use disorder for long periods of time, have experienced multiple relapses, do not have a solid support system at home, or who are experiencing mental illness/illnesses at the same time. However, an intensive outpatient program is best suited for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Those who have been sober for a period of time but require continued care in order to continue to build on that sobriety
- Individuals that are already motivated in their recovery and who understand that they need professional treatment
- Those who have a strong support system within their community
An intensive outpatient program in Athens, Tennessee is also an option for those who absolutely cannot remove themselves from their everyday lives due to specific responsibilities, as well as those who are unable to afford more intensive care.
Factors of JourneyPure’s Intensive Outpatient Program In Athens, TN
As mentioned before, the majority of intensive outpatient programs require clients to participate in care for at least 90 days, however, clients can continue to receive treatment for longer than that if needed. During that time, a client will be assessed and provided with a treatment plan that will meet his or her needs best. Again, clients do not need to spend the majority of their days at our intensive outpatient program Athens, nor do they need to reside there. However, the care that is offered to them is more aggressive than what is traditionally found in regular outpatient programming. Therefore, when involved in an intensive outpatient program, clients should be prepared to work hard to meet their treatment goals.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the following therapeutic approaches that are to be provided in all intensive outpatient treatment programs include the following:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – CBT works to help clients identify negative behaviors and thinking patterns in an effort to modify them to support their recovery
- 12-Step Facilitation – Through the 12 Steps, clients can incorporate each step into their recovery to encourage their continual personal inventory and growth
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy – MET can aid in helping clients learn how to internally motivate themselves to make positive change
- Matrix Model – This program integrates a number of components such as relapse prevention and family therapy, as well as group therapy and social support, in a comprehensive approach
- Community Reinforcement and Contingency Management – Contingency management, which is an approach that encourages clients to reach specific recovery goals with the promise of receiving a reward, is incorporated into the community reinforcement approach, which helps clients remove any believed positive effects of abusing addictive substances
- Therapeutic Community – The therapeutic community approach to care encourages clients to share their lives with others in a group setting to help build upon social skills, individual growth, and encourage empowerment through recovery
When these therapeutic approaches are combined into a full treatment plan, clients can benefit most from participating in our intensive outpatient program in Athens, Tennessee.
Get The Right Help At Our Athens, Tennessee Intensive Outpatient Program
Our Athens, Tennessee intensive outpatient program is an excellent option for those who fit the bill for this type of care. When involved in intensive outpatient, clients can either continue their addiction treatment or begin their care with a structured plan that will guide them towards success.
If you are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, and an intensive outpatient program seems to be a good fit for you, do not hesitate to reach out and ask for help. Allowing even just one more day to pass you by is simply too much. Call us right now to find out how we can assist you in your journey towards recovery. We can help.